You had a great holiday and enjoyed lots of treats, but now the belt needs to be let out a notch or two, and you still have to get your racing suit back on. You don’t need to start eating like a rabbit, but it could be time for a post-holiday detox!
Here are some suggestions from Dr. Linda Harris, Chief Medical Liaison, Captains Choice:
- Don’t be too hard on yourself! Continue to enjoy some treats but reduce the quantity and frequency. If you just can’t stop at just one square of Lindt dark chocolate, banish high calorie treats from the house;
- Don’t skip breakfast and have a light evening meal;
- Eat a diet low in fat, added sugars and preservatives but high in fresh fruit and vegies;
- Drink lots of water – 2-3L a day if you can;
- Limit your alcohol intake to 1-2 units per day or less;
- The same goes for caffeine – limit yourself to 1-2 cups per day;
- Get a good night’s sleep – 8 hrs per night if possible;
- Get into a regular exercise routine. You don’t need to be able to run a marathon but a daily walk, swim or gym session will work wonders;
- Enlist the help of others – encourage your partner/family/friends to join you in your quest for glowing good health and everyone wins!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.